How many of you believe dreams are the language of the Spirit? I think sometimes it is the only time God can talk to us because we are quiet & can’t interrupt him! I dream every night, all night long it seems. I have friends that only remember their dream a few times a year. While I am an avid dreamer both while awake & asleep, there are certain times I just know a particular dream has a deeper meaning than it seems. Many times it is in the sense of a warning for someone I know, a situation I am about to face or just confirmation. Biblical characters interpreted dreams often.
A few weeks ago I got a very strong discernment of some scriptures I know dealing with the subject of situations suddenly changing. There is a particular one that for the life of me I couldn’t find. I am confused & am now thinking maybe it was a prophetic word spoken over me years ago that my subconscious mind was remembering. If you are a Bible scholar, please feel free to help me find it. The scripture or passage goes something like, “Suddenly as in one day, my life will change by the Glory of God.” I thought it was in Isaiah or the gospels around the time the angel appeared to Mary, but never the less….I can’t find it. It is probably in the amplified version, which is likened to as, “the woman’s version” because it has more words. Anyway…..I believe in sudden changes. People assume they are miraculous, when many times they are often rewards of work done over time finally coming to fruition. Knowing this scripture resonates within me it makes sense in translating the dream I had Monday night.
In the dream I was walking in the basement of my J.O.B. It used to be a recording studio for commercials & now serves as storage. A basement could depict a low point in one’s life. (I am not “low”, depressed, or any of those things but….) This particular dream shot of the me in the basement had a large window through which I could see lots of trees. As I was walking amidst the piles of boxes (clutter), I noticed something in the trees as if it were watching & following me. Then suddenly a creature dropped right in front of me. I was not afraid as I actually recognized this small, statuesque, bionical creature. It was a female something about two feet tall. I was stunned to see her & immediately questioned what she was doing here. I suddenly hid her in an armoire for protection & told her not to come out. “They” would surely be looking for her & I wanted to protect her. The scene changed to panic as people were fleeing the building, & the area of town. There was impending doom, gloom & an imperative attack of evil. Machines, Decepticons, Autobots or whatever you want to call them. Now I must confess….I love the movies, Transformers, but haven’t thought of them in a very long time, so I have no clue why this would invade my dream life. In the dream one of my guy friends from our IT department was with me as we left the building. My daddy, (my past) who has been dead since 1982, was driving our get away car, an older maroon 5-speed 4 door Toyota Corolla. My daddy was a Nissan man! Anyway….as we left the area, I decided I had to turn around & go back to fight. The scene changed from Dallas, Tx. to Pineville, La. (my past) I knew the machines were after me & the tiny creature I vowed to protect & I wasn’t running. I convinced my daddy to let me drive & I changed directions. I got out of the line of traffic leaving the area & began driving back into the area of danger. We continued a wild car ride busting through a fence & went through an open field (new opportunities?) toward a house or a farm sort of secluded by itself. I ran inside, asked how many guns they had. Yes…I knew they had guns….remember the scene is in a remote area of La……everyone has guns there! I then asked how many cars they had & which one they could use to get away in as I diverted the machines attention. I also asked how many propane tanks they had. You know I have watched too many bang, bang, shoot ’em up movies in the past to ask this question right? Residual cars & propane tanks combined with guns were perfect for massive explosions! Fired Up!! I was in charge, in full vigilante combat mode, & was willing to fight for what I vowed to protect.
Once I awakened, I couldn’t shrug the dream. During the day I contemplated what it could be. As I sat eating dinner with my friend, Glenda, before our Tuesday meeting we discussed the scripture I wanted to find. She brought it up as she had been searching for it too. It was like all the pieces “suddenly” fit. Ironically we were sitting in front of a large window surrounded by trees exactly like the basement in my dream. I began to tell Glenda I believe the interpretation of both the scripture & the dream had to do with the current season of my life. I am entering the empty nest season, getting into physical shape & am running to achieve business goals with tunnel vision. There is an enemy out to destroy me. I am NOT afraid. I am willing to fight & protect what I have vowed to protect. Freedom. Freedom for myself, my family, those I am in covenant with & even people I have yet to meet. It is almost Joan of Arc-ish, only spare me the stake burning scene!
The machines were after the tiny creature & me too. Does she represent dreams I have hidden vowing to fulfill? Are the “machines” my hyper inflated fears or criticisms of people bent on the fact that I will never succeed?
They were powerful, but I was not afraid. It was as though the fate of everyone & everything revolved around my decision & I proudly assumed that position of authority. I was willing to completely change directions to fight & protect whatever it was I had to protect. While discussing with Glenda, I felt a peace knowing I had the courage to continue. I also had the peace of knowing whatever it is that is about to happen in my life is larger than life. I know I must be prepared in every area to face it either in battle or to receive it.
I love to research things. Often times God will give me one word & I can develop an entire series to teach from just that one word. While the topic may be controversial & sources unreliable, I researched the meaning of dreams after I wrote the previous body of this blog yesterday. Funny how what I discovered validated my thoughts. Lets have some fun with dream interpretations! Here goes:
- Chase or attack: The pursuer usually represents a fearful aspect of our shadow, and hence an exaggerated version of a denied or inhibited portion of our own personality that would benefit us if integrated and appropriately expressed. (ideal outcome: standing our ground, facing and dialoguing with our pursuer, and eventually, acceptance and embrace)
- Car out of control – Is life too hectic, out of control? How could I slow down, act more peacefully and “enjoy the ride”? Is there an important choice (i.e. turn) coming soon in my life where I need to be slow in order to turn safely in the best direction (ideal outcome: driving well & within speed limits, walking peacefully, taking more quiet time to clearly contemplate important upcoming choices so that we don’t go off track or crash)
- Maroon car – Red colors symbolize the Holy Spirit and is the color of Pentecost. Red also represents fire and is associated with power and importance. Crimson red also symbolizes the presence of God and the blood of martyrs. It is the Christian liturgical color for Pentecost and represents atonement and humility
- Sitting in the passenger seat – passivity.
- Dreams of driving cars are symbols of how you are progressing towards your ambitions and emotions experienced with travelling through life – driving denotes needing control over your life.
- Your earthly father in dreams will often symbolize your heavenly Father, especially if your
father’s actions in the dream are in line with the character of your heavenly Father. If he is dead, it could denote that your business is pulling heavily, and you will have to use caution in conducting it.
- Basement: hiding place, subconscious, depression
- Picture Window – Revelation Knowledge, prophetic vision into the future, actual window, someone looking at you through a window is someone who sees you a certain way.
- Tree – abundance, Christians, Life in the Spirit, Jesus, dream. Tree limb or branch – dream symbol, days, in
grafted sons and daughters, ministry, something you are nurturing, a marriage tree (family tree), tree of knowledge of good and evil, tree of life.
- Escape to dream of escape from injury or accidents, is usually favorable.If you escape from some place of confinement, it signifies your rise in the world from close application to business.To escape from any contagion, could denote your good health and prosperity. If you try to escape and fail, you will suffer from the design of enemies, who will slander and defraud you.
- Frightened – To dream that you are frightened at anything, could denote temporary and fleeting worries.
- Enemies – To dream that you overcome enemies, could denote that you will surmount all difficulties in business, and enjoy the greatest prosperity.
- Fence – To throw the fence down and walk into the other side, indicates that you will, by enterprise and energy, overcome the stubbornest barriers between you and success.
- Gun – power, physical danger, protection, gun, physical health threat. sadness.
- Killing – If you kill one in defense, or kill a ferocious beast, it could denote victory and a rise in position.
- Machinery – To dream of machinery, could denote you will undertake some project which will give great anxiety, but which will finally result in good for you.
Whew…..I think I just ate something I shouldn’t have to have had this dream, but…I know by discernment, my life as I know it, is being transformed. The reason I can say this with such confidence is that I am submitting to transformational change in my life. Every area needs to be tweaked so….the journey begins.
I am feeding my Elephant, or my subconscious mind in an even greater capacity than I ever have. It is leaking into my dreams! I rely quite heavily on my relationship with Jesus, my Lord, my maker, my husband. He is the lover of my soul-mind, will, & emotions. In marital relationships, couples have each other to bounce ideas, concerns, & decisions off of. All I know is He, the Glory & the lifter of my head, leads guides & directs me through earthly man, dreams, but primarily through the confirmation of his word. One of the scriptures I have held closely since divorce is this:
PS. 113:7-9 amp.
The Lord raises the poor out of the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap and the dung hill,
8 That He may seat them with princes, even with the princes of His people.
9 He makes the barren woman to be a homemaker and a joyful mother of [spiritual] children. Praise the Lord! (Hallelujah!)
You see…He has given me beauty for ashes & I am determined to rebuild the desolate. My associations with quality leaders (princes) is proof God hastens over his word to perform it! Becoming a level 5 leader & mentoring many people brings me great joy! Financial increase & blessings truly elevated me out of the “dung hill” of life.