In celebration of our Independence Day, DART provided information on some family friendly events taking place in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex & surrounding areas. Most are free & sound educational & FUN!
Enjoy your freedom & celebrate our Independence!
DART to Independence Day fireworks and events:
Dallas Area Rapid Transit is your ticket to Independence Day celebrations in north Texas from the dawn’s early light to the twilight’s last gleaming. Plan your trip by visiting http://www.DART.org/fireworks, by using the online trip planner at http://www.DART.org or call Customer Information at 214-979-1111.
DART buses and light rail follow a Sunday schedule and the Trinity Railway Express does not operate on July 4.
- July 3
- Addison Kaboom Town features dazzling fireworks choreographed to music, plus great food, live music, and the spectacular Addison Airport Air Show featuring the Cavanaugh Flight Museum Warbird Flyover. Fireworks will be launched at approximately 9:35 p.m. Stay after the fireworks for a concert featuring Emerald City at 10:15 p.m. Admission is free. Events run 5 p.m. to midnight. Addison Circle Park is at 4970 Addison Circle Dr. Information:972-450-2851 or addisontexas.net/events/KaboomTown. Addison Transit Center
- Farmers Branch Independence Day Celebration honors America’s independence with free live music and spectacular fireworks at the Farmers Branch Historical Park. Tour the historical buildings, indulge in delicious concessions and enjoy kids’ activities. Park gates open at 6:30 p.m. with a concert by local party band TOP beginning at 8 p.m. Fireworks follow the show at approximately 9:30 p.m. Farmers Branch Historical Park is at 2540 Farmers Branch Lane. Information: 972-919-2620 or farmersbranch.info/play/special-events. Farmers Branch Station
- U.S. Army 36th Infantry Division Band performs at the Dallas Arboretum as part of the Spring/Summer Concert Series and Chihuly Nights. The “Lone Star Band” is the premier musical organization of the Texas Army National Guard, and the concert features arrangements of ceremonial band, instrumental and popular music. Bring a picnic or enjoy tasty treats from Highland Park Cafeteria while you lounge on the lawn of the Martin Rutchik Concert Stage. Admission prices range from $9 to $22. The Dallas Arboretum is at 8525 Garland Road. Information: 214-515-6500 or dallasarboretum.org/concerts. Union Station or South Garland Transit Center, then Bus Route 60
- July 4
- Dr Pepper/Snapple Group Fair Park Fourth celebrates Independence Day with a free, family-fun event. Enjoy “dancing water” shows at the Esplanade Fountain, musical entertainment, games and plenty of Fair Park food. Explore Fair Park’s participating museums offering free or reduced admission. Stay for a patriotic concert by the Dallas Wind Symphony at 8:00 p.m., followed by a spectacular fireworks display at 9:30 p.m. in the Cotton Bowl stadium. Festivities run 4:30-10 p.m. throughout Fair Park, 1300 Robert B. Cullum Blvd. For Information: 214-421-9600 or fairpark.org. Fair Park Station and MLK, Jr. Station
- Irving Independence Day Parade begins at 9 a.m., followed by a patriotic concert and free watermelon at Heritage Park, 217 Main St. Information: 972-721-2501 or cityofirving.org. South Irving Station
- Irving Firecracker Fourth is an evening of entertainment at the intersection of Las Colinas Boulevard and Lake Carolyn Parkway with a patriotic concert by the Irving Symphony Orchestra. Activities include inflatables and water slides, and food concession stands and vendors will be available. Festivities begin at 5 p.m., with a professionally choreographed fireworks show at 9:30 p.m. Admission is free, and event parking is $5 at the Irving Convention Center parking garage, 500 W. Las Colinas Blvd. Information: 972-721-2501 or cityofirving.org. North Irving Transit Center, then walk to Las Colinas
- Old-Fashioned Fourth in Historic Downtown Carrollton celebrates Independence Day with family fun at the shops, restaurants, and antique stores. Take a patriotic picture at the gazebo or grab a piece of watermelon as you stroll around. Historic Downtown Carrollton is located at 1102 W. Main St., near I-35E and Belt Line Rd. Information: 972-242-4490, historicdowntowncarrollton.com or facebook.com/historicdowntowncarrollton. Downtown Carrollton Station
- Flagpole 8K Celebrate our country’s birthday with this annual run along the eastern shores of White Rock Lake and the peninsula neighborhood. Cost is $25. The race starts at 7:30 a.m. in Norbuck Park, 200 N. Buckner Blvd. on the southeast corner at Northwest Hwy. Information: whiterockracing.com. White Rock Station, then Bus Route 428
- Plano Symphony Orchestra Patriotic Pops at the Eisemann Center for the Performing Art features the Plano Symphony Orchestra, the Plano Civic Chorus and the Patriotic Pops Chorus for a rousing concert honoring our country and the people dedicated to preserving our freedom. The show is at 3 p.m. and tickets are $10-$35. The Eisemann Center is located at 2351 Performance Drive. Information: 972-473-7262 or planosymphony.org. Galatyn Park Station
- Star-Spangled Spectacular! with the Dallas Wind Symphony says “Happy Birthday, America!” like no one else. This celebration will have you feeling red, white and blue from the top of your stovepipe hat to the tips of your star-spangled toes. Tickets are $16-$38. The show begins at 4 p.m. in the air-conditioned comfort of the Meyerson Symphony Center, 2301 Flora St. Information: 214-428-2263 or dws.org. Pearl Station
Blessings & Happy 4th. of July!